Being in the food business, outfitting your restaurant with a grease trap is among the host of regulatory criterions that you require to accomplish, and it’s a strict law. After all, maintaining health and hygiene with regular commercial grease trap cleaning is a key concern for a commercial kitchen and a part of providing hospitality.
Due to the high volume of oil and grease contents in various foods, it’s quite natural that the wastewater produced these settings would contain liquid waste, solid food particles, and grease. And, here comes the necessity of a grease trap which is primarily designed for trapping and storing the oily substances, fats, and grease that are flashed throughout the day into the sinks. Thus, a grease inceptor prevents FOG from passing through the main sewage line that eventually becomes the cause of sewage blocked and back-up.
Commercial Grease Trap Cleaning- Why So Important!
It’s worth realizing that FOG continues to build up in the grease interceptor and simply cannot keep on trapping those unwanted substances indefinitely. Once the trapper crosses its capacity, it becomes unfit to hold FOGs anymore resulting in the oily matters to travel through the drainage line together with solids. The wastewater included with FOGS (including solid) remain in the pipelines will cool, solidify and stick to inner walls of pipes. This gradually chokes the entire plumbing system to the extent that wastewater cannot pass through and start backing up into kitchen sinks, wash basins in the dining hall as well as drains. In order to avoid facing this kind of most frustrating situation, aside from following healthy rules of disposal in the kitchen and dishwashing areas, scheduled commercial grease trap cleaning by professional is essential.
Uncared Grease Trap – Consequence!
Uncared grease trap can tool on your food business quite devastating. As just said, an overloading trap is liable to clogging drainage pipes one after another and finally resulting in whole-system backing up. Commonly the issue is first experienced by the kitchen staff that uses the sinks constantly while feeling ill and come across serious health hazards. The atmosphere of kitchen infectivity emit stinking odor within the space initially and sooner or later the whole set including the dining hall. This will leave you no other option but to discontinue a few days operation for all-inclusive cleaning up while its upshot can cost you extremely high from very expensive plumbing system renovation to counting high penalty to authorities for the avoidance of facility management rules.
Commercial Grease Trap Cleaning – Why Do Hire Professionals
It’s vital to recognize the installation of a grease trap does never mean that henceforth people working in the kitchen can use the sinks for disposal of loads of unwanted oily stuff, food particles, and anything runoff. First of all, whereas grease traps are simply fantastic for keeping fat chunks and oil spills away from your drainage pipes, on the contrary, they are not made as well as capable of collecting gallons of waste liquids once at a time.
To stay in food business steadily, profitability and reputable, you should first consider hiring specialist grease trap cleaning services that offer routine maintenance of trap every 30 – 90 days depending on the need. They discuss you in detail about your food business and determine the frequency of cleaning and servicing the grease trap require based on three factors.
The type of foods prepared
Volume of business
The capacity of the grease interceptor
They help in determining the appropriate size and capacity of the grease trap essential for your food business.
Make the trapping system optimally functional for a longer period by suggesting your people the ways to reduce the build-up of FOGs;
Keep the environment hygienic through prevention of FOG runoff that often collapses the local drainage system;
Prevent your business set up from facing any kind of plumbing back-ups and stinking odor;
Eliminate the need of paying the penalty to municipal inspectors for non-maintenance and improper preservation of your grease interceptor;
Avoid costly repairing of grease trap or refurbishment of plumbing system with regular care and maintenance of trapper.
Apart from expert cleaning services, essentially the staff of the kitchen should follow certain healthy practices essential for a food business setting. Your service provider trains the kitchen staff on certain do’s and don’ts, like
• The methods to collect used cooking oils as well as excess food staff in waste barrels and buckets (that should be disposed of separately on regular basis);
• To dispose of as much food solids from plates and utensils before washing in the dishwasher;
• Maintain in-house cleaning code compliance;
• Not to empty boiling water into sink connected to the trap that cause liquefying the FOG and drives the same into sewer pipe;
• Not to put any kind of bleach chemicals or additives sold in the market as drain cleaners; by doing so, it can destroy the natural benefits of microbes and biological agents in FOG and harm the setting;
- The Importance of Restaurant Grease Trap Cleaning Importance of Restaurant Grease Trap Cleaning Kitchen area, both in residences or restaurants are likely...
- Why Grease Trap Cleaning is Important for Your Food Business? Those who are in the food business must be well-aware of a grease trap device...
- Septic Tank Pumping – When Should You Do It? If you’re wondering how often you should have your septic tank pumped, or you don’t...
- A Brief Introduction on Wastewater Lift Station Lift station facilities used for sewage collections are designed to deal efficiently with raw wastewater...