It is important to note that SEO is always evolving and there are constant changes occurring in the digital marketing industry in order to improve the business online, and it is very easy to get caught in the misinformation that is doing rounds on the internet.
10 SEO myths and facts that can impact your website
1. Content is king: This is a fact, and it is true in every manner. Content is the most important part of your website, and it is always about quality over quantity. You need to ensure that the content you put up on your website is relevant, well organized and is easy to read for the audience.
2. Limit the number of characters in the title: This is a fact, but not many are aware about the same. It is very important to limit the title of the content to 65 characters or less. This will ensure that it does not get cut off in the search engine results. With the latest change in Google’s algorithm, any title up to 600 pixels in width will be shown in the results. Hence, with skinny letters, you can get a larger title.
3. Mobile is integral for your business: This is again a fact. Mobile searches are ranked higher than the traditional desktop searches. Google boosts the ranking of mobile-friendly websites on its search results, and there is also a mobile-friendly search update which has changed the way websites function.
4. Broken links do not hurt the business: This is a bug myth which should be debunked right away. Google will crawl your entire site. This means that when there are broken links without any redirects, Google will assume that your website is not managed well. Whether you are active on your website or not, you need to ensure that there are no crawl issues with regard to the links.
5. Google will immediately crawl the website: One more myth which has followed a number of business owners. You need to know that Google does crawl websites on a regular basis, but it does not happen in an instant. You can hire professionals for Houston SEO and see your business grow.
6. The “S” in HTTPS is not important: This is also a myth related to SEO. The “S” stands for secure, and it keeps the hackers, intruders, and spammers away from gaining crucial information about your business. You need to secure your site in order to ensure that the information of your customers is clear and secure.
7. It is better to have readable URLs: This is a fact. If you can structure the URLs, you should do it right away. Readable URLs make it easier for the audience to understand as well as remember the landing pages. In addition, Google also favors readable URLs since it easily explains what is on the pages.
8. A high bounce rate will affect the ranking: This is a big myth you need to debunk. A high bounce rate can mean that you have great information and readers found what they were looking for, it could also mean that the readers did not like what they saw. However, a high bounce rate will not affect your ranking, but it could show deficiencies in your website.
9. Social media and SEO are not related: This is a myth which might cost you business. SEO and social media are interrelated, and both work together perfectly. When you distribute your content on social media, you actually garner more views and shares of the same. This will give your business a higher exposure and attract more traffic.
10. SEO is a one-time thing: This is an absolute myth. There are constant advances in the internet, and it is changing every day. If you use the same SEO tactics you did years ago, it will not give you results. You need to constantly work on the SEO and check your strategies. Keep your website updated and optimized at all times.
SEO can be confusing, but these myths and facts will help you make a better impact on your website and grow the business.
- SEO Firm – How Should You Choose a Good One? There are a number of things involved in creating an SEO strategy, and as a...